The ASRT is seeking members to serve one-year terms on the Practice Standards Council Subcommittee for the following disciplines/specialties:
The terms will begin July 1, 2013, and end at the close of the 2014 ASRT Annual Governance and House of Delegates Meeting.
The subcommittee will review and suggest revisions to the discipline/specialty sections of the Practice Standards for Medical Imaging and Radiation Therapy Professionals. Members of the ASRT Practice Standards Council Subcommittees are appointed by the ASRT Practice Standards Council as representatives of the 12 disciplines and specialties recognized by the ASRT House of Delegates.
The primary responsibilities are:
- To review and propose revisions to practice standards when necessary.
- To review practice-related position statements for relevancy and inclusion in practice standards.
- To review and comment on House of Delegates motions relating to their practice area, and provide research and recommendations on practice issues and requests for advisory opinion statements related to their practice area.
Qualifications for serving on a Practice Standard Council Subcommittee include:
- Being a member of the ASRT.
- Practicing currently in the discipline or specialty.
- Being certified currently in the discipline or specialty is preferred.
Commitment required of Practice Standards Council Subcommittee members includes:
- Active participation in subcommittee communication and response to the subcommittee chairman.
- Accessibility to virtual communication methods such as e-mail and Internet webinars.
- Ability to accomplish the majority of subcommittee work from July through September 2013.
Members interested in serving on these subcommittees are encouraged to complete the online ASRT Volunteer form by April 15, 2013.